Classic American Hamburgers Recipe – 7 points
Fibre 0. 2g, protin 29g, fat29g
WW points per serving: 7
- 6 rashers lean streaky bacon
- 1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 560g/11/4lb minced beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Fry the bacon until crisp. Remove from the frying pan, place on kitchen paper to drain, then crumble into a large bowl.
2. Saute the tomato in the bacon fat until tender then add it to the bacon.
3. Pour off the bacon fat and heat the oil in the same pan. Combine the meat, salt and pepper with the bacon and tomato mix and shape into burgers, then cook for 5 minutes on each side.