1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp celery, finely diced
2 Tbsp onion, finely diced
2 Tbsp green pepper, finely diced
1 package 10 oz)frozen whole kernel corn
1 C raw potatoes, peeled, diced in Â½ -inch pieces
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 C water
Â¼ tsp salt
To taste black pepper
Â¼ tsp paprika
2 Tbsp flour
2 C low fat or skim milk
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add celery, onion, and green pepper and sautÃ© for 2 minutes.
2. Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper and paprika. Bring to boil, and then reduce heat to medium. Cook covered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Place Â½ cup of milk in jar with tight fitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously.
4. Gradually add milk-flour mixture to cooked vegetables. Then add remaining milk.
5. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boil and thickens. Server garnished with chopped, fresh parsley.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 Cup
Each serving provides: Calories: 186, Saturated fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 205 mg, Total fat: 5 g, Total fiber: 4 g, Protein: 7 g, Carbohydrates: 31 g, Potassium: 455 mg