Veal Stew Recipe – 10 points
WW points per serving 10
Fibre o.2g, protein 49g, fat 29g
- 3 rashers back bacon, diced
- 4og/1 1/2 oz butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 4og/1 1/20z mushrooms, sliced
- 90og/2lb cubed stewing veal
- 125ml/4floz water or Chicken Stock
- 225g/8oz sour cream, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon paprika, plus extra for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 12oÂ°C/250Â°F/gas3/4
2. Place the bacon, butter, onion and mushrooms in a frying pan and saute slowly until the onion and bacon are lightly browned. Remove the mixture with a slotted spoon and place in an ovenproof serving dish.
3. Leave the bacon fat and butter in the frying pan, then add the veal. Brown the meat on all sides then remove, leaving the fat in the pan. Place the meat in the baking dish with the bacon mixture and mix well.
4. Add the water or Chicken Stock, sour cream, salt and paprika to the frying pan. Heat until just boiling then pour over the meat mixture. Cover the dish and bake for i hour, or until the veal is tender when pierced with a fork. If you wish, serve with a dollop of sour cream and dust with paprika.