Weight Watchers Recipe: Roasted red pepper couscous
WW points per serving: 1
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 5 MINUTES
This sweet-flavoured Weight Watchers Recipe can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Reheat by steaming over a pan of boiling water or simply cover with foil in a moderate oven.
- 1 large red pepper
- 50g (2oz) [uncooked weight] couscous
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6.
2. Place the red pepper on a baking tray and roast uncovered for 15-20 minutes until soft. Remove from oven and place immediately into a plastic food bag and seal. Allow to cool completely then remove from the bag and peel away the skin. Slice the pepper in half and remove the seeds.
3. Chop the flesh into dice and set aside. Measure the couscous in a cup. Place the same amount of water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the bouillon powder anrfcoriander and gradually pour in the couscous, stirring well. Cover with a lid, remove from the heat and allow to stand for 1 minute.
4. Remove the lid and, using two forks, fluff up the couscous grains. Add the herbs, if desire, mix well and season to taste. Add the chopped pepper and arrange on serving plates.