Weight Watchers Recipe: Seafood chowder
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600ml (1 pint) vegetable stock
- 2 tbsps plain flour
- 1 X 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 300ml (1/2 pint) tomato passata
- 450g (1 lb) ready-to-eat seafood selection
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsps virtually fat free fromage frais
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat a large non-stick saucepan, add the onion and dry- fry until soft.
2. Add the garlic and 3 tbsps of stock. Sprinkle the flour over and beat well with a wooden spoon. Cook for 1 minute in order to ‘cook out’ the flour, then gradually stir in the remaining stock.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, chilli and passata and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes.
4. Stir in the seafood and herbs and remove the pan from the heat. Add the fromage frais and season to taste with salt and black pepper.