Weight Watchers Recipes: Cajun turkey with cherry tomato and roa
WW points per serving: 4
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
PLUS MARINATING TIME 1 HOUR
COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 3 thick turkey fillets (675g/1 1/2lb total)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- olive oil spray
- for the salad
- 2 red peppers
- 250g (lOoz) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Thickly cut each turkey fillet to make 16 medallions in total. Mix together the herbs and spices and sprinkle over both sides of the turkey pieces. Cover and set aside for 1 hour.
2. For the salad, place the peppers under a hot grill and allow to blacken and blister all over. Transfer to a plastic bag to cool for 20 minutes, then peel off the skin and discard the seeds. Cut into dice and mix with the tomatoes, red onion, chilli (if using) and vinegar. Season with salt and black pepper.
3. Spray the turkey with a little olive oil spray on each side. Place a large heavy frying pan over a medium heat, add the turkey and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve with the tomato and pepper salad.