Weight Watchers Recipes: Tandoori Chicken
- 1 x 2.2kg/ 5lb chicken, jointed into 8 pieces
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5-cm/2-in piece ginger root, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 125ml /4floz olive oil
- 350g/12oz whole milk yogurt
- 9oml/3floz fresh lemon juice
- fresh lemon wedges, to serve
1. Place the chicken in a covered glass baking dish large enough for the pieces to lie side by side.
2. Place the next 11 ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend to a paste.
Combine the paste with the yogurt and lemon juice.
3. Dip each piece of chicken into the mixture and coat it completely. Return the chicken to the baking dish and place in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 18oÂ°C/350Â°F/gas 4.
5. Wipe most of the marinade off the chicken with kitchen paper, then bake the chicken, covered, for 30 minutes in a large dish. Uncover the chicken, coat with a little more marinade and cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes until golden. Serve with lemon wedges.