Fibre o.9g, protein 34, fat 41g
WWpoins per serving: 10
- 3 shallots or 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 125ml/4floz red wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6oml/2floz olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, or 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground
- black pepper
- 45og/1lb calf’s liver, sliced
- 6og/21/20z butter
1. Combine the shallots, wine, lemon juice, oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl to make a marinade. Marinate the liver for i hour, then turn the meat and marinate for another hour.
2. Remove the liver from the marinade. Discard the marinade.
3. Melt the butter in a frying pan and saute the liver for 5 minutes on each side.