Vanilla Ice Cream Custard Recipe – 8 Point
* 1 500 ml cream
* 4 egg yolks
* 1/2 vanilla pod, slit open and scarped
* 5 tablespoon granular sugar substitute
1. Heat the cream in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Whisk in one egg yolk at a time. Add the vanilla pod scrapings and whisk until the custard begins to thicken. Remove from the heat and cool.
2. Beat one tablespoon of the sugar substitute at a time into the cooled custard.
3. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instruction.
4. The cusard can be refrigerated and used as a delicious, rich dessert, or you could whisk in a tablespoon of brandy or brandy flavoring and serve it over berries.