Fibre o.4g, protein 36.8g, fat 41.2g
WW points per serving: 11
- 36 clams
- 4 rashers bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 5ooml/16floz clam stock and
- fish stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5ooml/16floz double cream
1. Wash the clams thoroughly. Place in a deep saucepan, cover with 10 to 15cm/4 to 6in of boiling water, cover with a lid and steam until the shells open (no longer than 5 minutes). Strain and reserve the clam stock and use with-the fish stock.
2. Chop the clams coarsely, then follow the directions for Fish Chowder, substituting the clams for the cod fillets.