- 6 eggs
- 60g/5 1/2oz soy flour
- 110g/4oz granular sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 12og/4 1/2oz butter, melted and cooled
- 6oml/2floz water
1. Preheat the oven to 18oÂ°C/350Â°F/gas 4.
2. Grease a 23-cm/9-inch square baking tin.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs for 5 minutes, until they form a ribbon when the beater is lifted from the bowl.
4. Meanwhile, in another bowl whisk the soy flour, sugar substitute, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and cloves together. Stir in the butter and water and mix well.
5. Stir one-third of the eggs into the spice mixture to lighten and combine. In two additions, fold the remaining eggs into the spice mixture then pour the cake mix into the prepared tin. Bake for 20 minutes, until a metal skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Serve either warm or at room temperature, cut into squares.