Fibre 1g, protein o.5g, fat 3.8g
WW points per serving: 1
- 30g/1oz butter
- 1 targe onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 3 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 liters/3 1/2 pints water
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 2 whole cloves
- bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
1. Melt the butter in a deep saucepan over a medium heat. Add the vegetables and saute for 5 minutes. Add the water and seasonings, cover tightly, and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Strain, cool and store in the refrigerator until needed. Use as directed in recipes.