Makes 6 cups
1 cup contains approximately:
15 Calories in fat
0 MG Cholesterol
100 MG Sodium
135 MG Calcium
This fast to prepare vegetarian chili is a carbohydrate loading meal that is also easy to make and inexpensive.
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped (4 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped (2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- One 10 ounce can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 1/2 cups of dry kidney beans, cooked (6 cups), or one 46 ounce can, undrained.
Combine the onions and garlic and cook in a large saucepan, covered, over low heat until soft, adding a little water if necessary to prevent scorching.
Add all the other ingredients except the beans. Mix thoroughly and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cooked beans, mix well, and heat thoroughly.
© 2012-2020 by LiVentures. All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of LiVentures.