- 2 heads lettuce (any variety)
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, chopped and deseeded
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- teaspoon salt
- tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1. Wash the lettuce, dry thoroughly, tear into bite-size pieces and refrigerate.
2. To make the dressing, mash the tomatoes with the spring onions until they almost form a paste. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the lettuce, and beat with a whisk. Refrigerate until needed.
3. To serve the salad, place the lettuce in a large salad bowl, pour the dressing on top and toss well. Serve immediately.