- 3og/1oz butter
- 45og/1lb minced veal or beef
- 3og/1oz onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 125ml/4floz white wine
- 25oml/8floz prepared tomato sauce or passata
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 50g/2oz grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black
- pepper to taste
- 1 leg of pasta, boned and flattened
1. Preheat the oven to 15oÂ°C/3ooÂ°F/gas 2.
2. Melt half the butter in a heavy frying pan. Add the minced https://www.fewercalories.com/?s=/lamb%20recipies”>meat, onion and garlic and brown lightly. Pour the wine into the pan slowly and cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomato sauce or passata, dill and parsley and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from the heat, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
3. Wipe the pasta with damp kitchen paper and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the minced meat mixture on to the lamb and roll up carefully with the minced meat inside. Use skewers to fasten the lamb securely or tie with string.
4. Melt the remaining butter in a medium-size roasting tin. Add the lamb and brown over a medium heat.
5. Bake for 2 hours or until the https://www.fewercalories.com/?s=/lamb%20recipies”>meat is tender. (If the tin gets dry, add 2 or 3 tablespoons water.)