Swedish Meatballs Recipe – 6 points
Fibre 0g, protein 10g, fat 28g,
WWpoints per serving: 6
- 6oml/2floz double cream
- 6oml/2floz water
- 11og/4oz minced beef
- 11og/4oz minced pork
- 11og/402 minced veal
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4og/1/2oz butter
- 1recipe Cream Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg, to garnish
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, to garnish
1. Mix the cream and water together in a small bowl. Combine the beef, pork and veal in another bowl.
2. Mix the cream mixture, meats and onion together. Add the salt. Shape into small balls. Melt the butter in a medium frying pan over a medium heat, add the meatballs and brown. Then remove the balls to a dish and keep warm.
3. Make the Cream Sauce and pour over the meatballs. Garnish the meatballs with nutmeg and caraway seeds, if desired, and serve hot.