Choose fruit for dessert.
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 C peach nectar
1/4 C pineapple juice or peach juice (if desired, use juice reserved from canned peaches)
2 can (16 oz each) peaches, packed in juice, drained, (or 13/4 lb fresh) sliced
1 Tbsp tub margarine
1 C dry pancake mix
2/3 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C sugar
2/3 C evaporated skim milk as needed nonstick cooking spray
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1. Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar, and pineapple or peach juice in saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
2. Add sliced peaches to mixture.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. In another saucepan, melt margarine and set aside
5. Lightly spray 8-inch-square glass dish with cooking spray. Pour hot peach mixture into dish.
6. In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted margarine. Stir in milk. Quickly spoon this over peach mixture.
7. Combine nutmeg and brown sugar. Sprinkle on top of batter.
8. Bake at 400 Â°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Cool and cut into 8 pieces.
Makes: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 piece
Each serving provides: Calories: 271, Total fat: 4 g, Saturated fat: less than 1 g, Cholesterol: less than 1 mg, Sodium: 263 mg, Total fiber: 2 g, Protein: 4 g, Carbohydrates: 54 g, Potassium: 284 mg