Makes four 3 cup servings
Each serving contains approximately:
140 Calories in fat
70 MG Cholesterol
295 MG Sodium
180 MG Calcium
Here’s a delightful salad that packs in flavor while being light. You may also use turkey, tuna, shrimp, or a combination of them all.
- 1/4 cup of raw almonds chopped
- 1 head Napa cabbage (Chinese cabbage originating near the Beijing region of China, and is widely used in East Asian cuisine.)
- 1 pound raw mushrooms, sliced (4 cups)
- 3/4 pound cooked chicken breast, julienne cuts (3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped scallion tops
- 1 cup of snow peas, strings removed, ends notched in a V shape and balanced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup water chestnuts, julienne cut
- 1 cup of Mandarin Dressing
- 1/4 cup julienne-cut red and yellow peppers for garnish
- 4 scallion flowers for garnish
Place three Napa cabbage leaves on each of four chilled plates for garnish. Shred the rest; you should have four cups. Combine the shredded cabbage, mushrooms, chicken, scallions, snow peas, bean sprouts, water
chestnuts, and Mandarin Dressing and too thoroughly.
Spoon three cups of the salad mixture onto each plate and top each one with one tablespoon red and yellow bell peppers. Plant a scallion flower on top of each serving.
To make a scallion flower, cut the bulb end off the scallion just below the green top. Cut the root end off the bulb and shred the bulb by slicing it through the first half, then in quarters, then into eights and so on until it looks shredded. To open the scallion flower, drop it in ice water and allow it to “bloom” before using it.
Here’s a quick video showing how it’s done:
© 2012-2020 by LiVentures. All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of LiVentures.