- 225g (8oz) [uncooked weight] pasta
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 115g (4oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 X 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2x160g packs cooked jumbo eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives to garnish
1 Cook the pasta in boiling salted water with vegetable stock cube.
2 Meanwhile, preheat a non-stick frying pan or wok. Add the onion and dry-fry for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, red pepper and mushrooms and cook for a further 2-3
3 Add the tomatoes and chilli. Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer and add the eggs to heat through. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
4 Drain the pasta and pour into a serving dish. Spoon the sauce over and sprinkle with the chives.