Chicken Almandine Recipe – 8 points
Fibre 0.8g, protin 32g, fat 32g
WWpoints per serving: 8
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 whole chicken legs (drumsticks and thighs attached)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 30g/1 oz almond slivers
- 125ml 4floz dry white wine
- 6oml/2floz water
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 13oÂ°C/25OÂ°F/gas 4.
2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Sprinkle the chicken legs with salt and pepper. Place in the frying pan and brown for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a platter and place in the oven.
3. Add the almonds to the frying pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until golden. Transfer to a plate, using a slotted spoon. Pour the fat from the frying pan.
Add the wine, water and garlic to the frying pan. Increase the heat to high and cook, stirring, until the mixture is reduced by half. Remove from the heat and stir in the almonds, butter, parsley and lemon juice. Spoon the sauce over the chicken.