Serves 8 ( 10X250ml/ 8floz serving)
Fibre 0.8g, protein 15.2g, fat 4.9g
WWpoints per serving: 3
- 900g/2lb stewing steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 litres/5 pints cold water
- 8og/3oz diced onion
- 6og/2 1/2oz diced carrot
- 6og/2 1/2oz diced celery
- 11og/4oz diced tomato
- 15g/1/2 oz chopped green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
1. Place the meat and salt in a saucepan with the cold water and bring to the boil over a low heat. Skim any foam off the top, then cover and simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
2. Add the vegetables and seasonings and cook slowly for an additional 1 1/2 hours. Remove the meat and serve with Mustard Sauce. Strain the stock and use as directed in recipes.